At Rockland Paramedics we recognize that it takes a diverse group of dedicated, innovative, and talented people to operate an award winning ambulance service. We value teamwork and collaboration and we strive to provide a cooperative, family oriented environment. We also offer you several opportunities for professional and individual growth; and we want you to succeed!!
After all, when you work for Rockland Paramedics, you’re not just another employee; YOU are part of OUR family.
If you’re interested in working for an organization dedicated to excellence in healthcare; a leadership that believes in refocusing on customer service in EMS, a company that is always interested in finding new and better ways to improve the work environment and the services it provides; an organization with a collaborative culture that values teamwork and encourages employees to provide feedback; a company leadership interested in your contributions and ideas to help improve the workplace environment, the services it provides, and the communities it serves; and, if you’re interested in making a difference, then we are interested in YOU.
We are always interested in bringing high quality patient centered professionals into our team of exceptional Dispatchers, Emergency Medical Technicians, and Paramedics.
We offer per-diem, part-time, and full-time opportunities for high quality, patient centered professionals, including:
- Emergency Medical Technicians
We offer competitive salaries and provide comprehensive benefits to provide you with the means to maintain your work – life balance and to help you take care of your and your family’s needs.
Our full-time compensation package includes:
- Paid Sick and Vacation time
- A traditional health plan including medical, prescription, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical and dependent care expenses
- Matching 401k (RMC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Life Insurance
Voluntary Benefits include:
- Employee Discount Programs
Once onboard, career advancement and career broadening opportunities are available, including:
- Lieutenant (supervisor)
- Field Training Officer (FTO)
- Special Operations Division
- Tactical Medical Support Unit (TMSU – deploys with Rockland County SWAT)
- Behavioral Health Response Team (Mobile Crisis Team)
- Special Events coverage
- Cross Training
Our hiring process consists of the application process and the orientation process. Our Application Process includes:
- Pre-Screening Interview with Human Resources
- In-House Pre-employment Testing
- Background Screening
- A Panel Interview (completed on a separate day than the Pre-Screening interview)
- Employment Medical Screening
Our Orientation Process consists of following training opportunities and requirements and aptitude:
- Online Classes (8 hours)
- In-House Classes (24 hours)
- Field Orientation with an FTO (24 -36 hours)
Upon successful completion of the hiring process, you become a new employee.
If you are interested in speaking with someone about employment opportunities, please call our Human Resources office at (845) 228–3113 or email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a position with Rockland Paramedics, simply complete our application online or print it and submit it to: